.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

SEO scams, Search Engine Optimization, keyword, Google

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Who Is TopRankConsulting?

Who is TopRankConsulting.com?


I just received a call from "Cindy", Customer Support Supervisor from Internet Promotion Now. The number she gave me, 1-866-674-9448 x 5557 is for "Top Rank Consulting". According to the BBB they are located in Oregon. When I called Cindy back and told her I was going to record the call her exact response was "No actually, I'm not allowed to have that happen." I abruptly ended the call and will not speak unless I can record the call as well.

Something else I found is, as of the date of this post, www.toprankconsulting.com was/shows created October 16, 2005 and has a PR0 with google.com and www.eresultsinc.com was/shows created October 14, 2005 and has a PR4 (not too bad if you're an amature, I have a PR3 on two of my domains) but www.internetpromotionnow.com don't know when that came on except that I contracted with them on September 23, 2005 and today they have a PR0.

The question is, if search engine optimization is what they do, why aren't they ranked higher in the search engines themselves? Curious, isn't it.

Disclaimer: Everything you read on this blog is based solely on my own experience and knowledge of these findings.

Matt Marlon Another site with more information and links.

If you're wondering what all this is about, please start at the beginning of this post/journey with January 13th and read up to here.
06/30/06 I don't see this in http://www.google.com, Could it be because I don't have http://www.toprankconsulting.com or toprankconsulting.com linked here? I wonder if I can find the others?




9 Comments:

  • Be sure to start reading at SEO Companies are NOT all created equal Post on January 13th, 2005

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:44 AM  

  • 2/15/06 Update - www.eresultsinc.com has a google PR of 2, why the drop?

    By Blogger Karen, at 9:29 AM  

  • Just logged on at eresultsinc.com to check stats just for the heck of it. It's been well over the 90 day mark. In three search engines, Wisenut.com, Mamma.com and Search.com I see (4) placements in Search.com, (1) Top Ten, (1) placement in Mamma.com (0) Top Ten, (9) placements in Wisenut.com (4) top ten.

    By Blogger Karen, at 10:02 AM  

  • Just doing a search online today for the heck of it and in google it came up with the following:

    search engine optimization services, increase web site conversion ...

    We at Top Rank Consulting have the answers to get you those top ranks in search engines. Our clients now enjoy high positions in many search engines all ... adcompanyonline.com/

    Now isn't that interesting?!

    By Blogger Karen, at 2:33 PM  

  • Guess who called today?

    And how long has it been?
    They gotta be joking.
    Number that came up on the caller ID is 702-947-0708 - mans voice but sounded like the same accent as that other girl. What was her name? Anyway, they asked me to call back at 866-926-7398.

    I wiped my hands of them some time ago, they gotta be kidding, right? I'm not even linked to the SEO page they set up anymore. It's dead. Don't they know that?

    By Blogger Karen, at 1:51 PM  

  • I guess the date doesn't show in the comments so I'm posting again to put today's date here. Today is April 25th, 2005

    By Blogger Karen, at 1:55 PM  

  • June 30, 2006

    Talk about customer service. Received another phone call today, first one since my last post on April 25th, 2006. Number on caller ID this time is 702-951-9410. This is also the number they asked me to call them back at. Sounds like the same person that always calls, what was her name?

    You know, if this company was any good, wouldn't they even notice that the website connected to the one they are supposedly working on has been dead for several months now?

    Just did a search on google for this phone number. The only place it shows up on Google is on this blog. It didn't come up on http://www.yahoo.com at all

    Was working on other ways to look up the number, can't find it in any directories and while I'm looking, I get the following email

    Search Engine Placement Results


    Search Engine Name Search.com
    Placements: 4
    Top Ten Placements: 1
    KEYWORD RESULTS Placements Top Ten Placements
    mlm business opportunities wellness 1 1
    herbalife work at home 1 0
    herbal life work from home 1 0
    multi level marketing opportunity 1 0

    Search Engine Name A9.com
    Placements: 4
    Top Ten Placements: 0
    KEYWORD RESULTS Placements Top Ten Placements
    mlm business opportunities wellness 4 0


    Search Engine Name Wisenut.com
    Placements: 9
    Top Ten Placements: 4
    KEYWORD RESULTS Placements Top Ten Placements
    work at home business mlm 1 0
    mlm business opportunities wellness 1 1
    herbalife work at home 1 1
    herbal life work from home 1 1
    multi level marketing opportunity 1 1
    start work at home business 1 0
    residual income business opportunity 1 0
    herbalife business opportunity 1 0
    home based mlm business opportunity 1 0


    It takes approximately 12-14 weeks for most search engines to add your new information to their databases although the spiders may see your promotional site many times during that length of time. For this reason, it will take approximately 12-14 weeks from your completion date for your promotion to produce good results.

    By Blogger Karen, at 6:24 PM  

  • June 0, 2006
    Well, isn't this interesting
    I'm looking back at an email I got from them on April 26th that shows Search Engine Placement Results.

    It says on that date that I had a total of 338 placements with 239 Total Top Ten Placements then today, it says I have a total of 17 placements with 5 Top Ten Placements.

    Isn't that ironic?

    By Blogger Karen, at 6:30 PM  

  • June 30, 2006

    Hmmmm

    The site won't load for me right now www.homebizcareer.net but what I can see is the links on the page and they don't even go anywhere.

    Boy, are they confused. They have already removed my dead page it linked to but they are still calling me? This company is a joke.

    By Blogger Karen, at 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home