.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

SEO scams, Search Engine Optimization, keyword, Google

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Someone finally got back with me.

I sent my third request for contact today and finally someone called with a response. The number they gave me to call back is 702-951-9410.

When I called this number, I spoke with someone named Mae in customer service. She is who left me a message. Long story short, I asked her where I was calling and who I was calling and she told me I was calling Internet Promotions in Las Vegas. I also asked who www.1p.com is, who www.internetadvertising1.com and who www.1stinternetadvertising.com is and she told me they are their sister companies. I mentioned that they don't have very good review and she didn't have a comment. Mae went on to tell me she just ran my results and have found out that they don't have any placements for that site. She said she talked to Cindy who was handling my account. I've not heard that name before.

Mae was very apologetic but also said the reason I haven't had placement yet is because of updates to search engines last June. I commented back and stated that I felt that should not have been a problem and they should have been aware of this since I didn't contract with them until September.

I offered them the option of cancelling the contract because it states in the contract that I don't have to pay them anything additional until they reach top 10 placement in 10 search engines and Mae came back and told me she has a solution to the problem. Her solution to this "placement problem" was to extend my contract 3 more months.

I addressed a few other concerns and Mae went back to search engine problems last June. (it almost sounded like she was reading)

I asked what happened to Internet Promotions in Indiana and she tells me it was transferred to another location.

I asked Mae for Cindy's contact information. Her response was that she didn't have her contact information. I asked her for Cindy's last name and she gave me Steely as her last name.

Again she tried to give me her solution so I told her I already placed my complaints with the BBB and FTC and she then asked me if I wanted to cancel my account.

Mae insisted that I have to be the one to send the cancellation which I refused because, as I told her, I already stuck my neck out far enough. She again told me "according to proceedure this is how this has to be done". I told her I'd wait to hear from the BBB or FTC before I sent anything and she said "okay then I'll wait for your email".

I recorded this entire conversation and told her I was recording it. Click here to hear to call. You be the judge.

To continue with this blog, read UP from here OR go to And the saga continues




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home